Saturday, April 25, 2009

Moving and Traveling Update

I have some momentary quietness before I need to get busy for Jada's birthday party.  We're in Glenwood, IA  at Jeff's dads for a day and my parents and sister and her family are coming to celebrate Jada's birthday tonight. We're hoping then to get on the road late tonight and make it all the way to Billings Montana by tomorrow night.  
We used to have a problem with Jada spiking super high by lunch time- lately, we've consistently had bad lows by 11 am every day- in the 40's and 50's.  I thought I would try to stay ahead of it today, so I checked her at 9:30 am and and she was 215.   I was happy with the number and that we would be able to make it to lunch time with no problem.  We drove to Omaha to meet a college friend for coffee this morning and at 11 am- on the dot- Jada goes from being extremely happy to almost combative and complaining of a tummy ache.  She had nose dived to 45!  It's the third time this week that we've had this happen.  I'm not sure what to do- her insulin to carb ratio is 1:10 and it's going to be hard to be in touch with a dr. this week.  Jeff and I talked this morning about going back up to 1:15 and just making sure she had at least 15-20 minutes before she eats.  If anyone has suggestions- let me know!
Well- it's time to wrap some gifts and do some laundry.  I'll try to check in tomorrow night from the great state of Montana!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, that sucks about Jada.. I wonder what is up with that.. Maybe if you start at 1:15 you can change it as needed. That's so hard to have to juggle that in transit though.. Happy partying and drive safely!

Jill said...

Ahhhh that sucks! :( I'd try going up to 1:12 and see what she does. If she's still running low then try 1:15. You don't want to jump up too high and then have her running high :( Hope things get better soon!

Jill said...

Sorry you're having such issues with Jada's numbers. I hope you'll have a great birthday party despite that! And safe travels for you all!

Tales of MEE said...

Travel safe - praying for you, the family & for Jada during the trip to AK! The Lord is 100% in control and may He watch over you all!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

I hope you get her sugars under control...I hate the super lows. Travel safe!