Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

I hope everyone had a happy Easter!  We spent the weekend in Iowa with my side of the family and had an amazing time.  Of course, I had been concerned about candy and high blood sugars- but instead, we spent our time at church battling awful lows- 39! Yikes!! She then jumped up to 117 and then 15 minutes later- back down to 49!  The rest of the day, the highest she got was in the low to mid-100's.  Not too shabby for a holiday where I had been concerned about high blood sugars!  She played and played non-stop the entire weekend- I think all of the exercise definitely had an effect on her numbers.  So- she did get to eat a little more candy than originally planned and I am totally ok with that!  It's so nice when she can eat just like everyone else!








7 comments:

Jill said...

Awwwww sweet pics!! :) That stinks about the lows though. Glad you had a great time despite them :)

:) Tracie said...

The kids look great!

Man those were LOW lows! Good thing it was on Easter when she could really enjoy the candy!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Cute pic! I love the Easter dresses!! You said 39 and it made my stomach do a flip. When Syd was 37 she had a seizure so I am freaked about it happening again. We have been dealing with lows too...dropping into the 40s a couple times a day for like a week. Hmmmm maybe their bodies were preparing for the influx of Easter candy. lol :-) Glad she had a great time though!!

Jen said...

Love, love, love the matching dresses!! I'm sorry Jada battled such low blood sugar, but I'm sure it was nice not having to tell her "no" all weekend long!

Hugs!
Jen

Jill said...

Sorry to hear about the scary, jumping numbers, but I'm sure it was nice for Jada to get to indulge in Easter sweets. I learned just before my trip that that my mom's now had to start taking insulin. Not good. I'm glad you had a great time in IA, though wish we could have met up! Where's a pic of you & your hubby in Easter finery??? ;)

Anonymous said...

they look adorable!

All that playing! Exercise will pull those down quick won't they! Way to stay on top of it momma!

Glad you had fun!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Love the little girls dresses. So cute. Just can't do that with boys. Thank you for the kind words. It's so nice to know there are people out there praying for you.