Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just Checking In

I'm waiting to check Jada, so I thought I would jot down a few mostly happy thoughts.
Jada's blood sugar numbers have been terrific lately! It seems like we have been battling high numbers for the last month, and they have suddenly just straightened out. I'm not sure why, but over the last five days, she has been running near perfect. She's running fairly steady at night and wakes up to awesome numbers. I'm amazed at how excited I am over this. She has been sleeping much better at night, too. Probably because I don't have to wake her up to feed her.
I ordered 3 months worth of diabetic supplies for Jada tonight. Oi vay. Even with good insurance, it was basically a car payment that went out of our banking account today! I am soooo thankful for our insurance- I met an adult type 1 w/no insurance last week and I'm pretty sure he doesn't qualify for assistance. Can't imagine living without insurance. However, her things are on the way and I will be happy to be completely stocked up again!
I received a phone call tonight from my sister. She had spent an hour with my grandma tonight. Grandma took another turn for the worse and is now breathing very shallow. Her blood pressure also dropped significantly. I don't think she has much longer. I have decided not to go back before she passes away and I am really ok with it. I would appreciate prayers for my Grandpa- he is really in denial that she is dying. My dad and my aunts will all be with her tomorrow. It's going to happen very soon.
In the midst of all of this in my own life, I can say that God is good. I have a joy within me that only comes from Him- it's that peace that passes all understanding. I have so much to be thankful for.


1 comment:

Curly said...

Thanks for visiting me. I love finding others that are in CR. I'm so glad Jada's numbers are looking good. I pray that your grandfather gets a good dose of that peace you are experiencing. Take care.