Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Stellar Moment for Me

I did it again....the second time in two weeks. I grabbed the wrong insulin out of the fridge as I walked out the door to church. And of course, I didn't realize it until she had already eaten about 15 grams of carbs. Fortunately, we were just about ready to leave, so she came home, had her bedtime snack and a nice dose of novolog along with it. Now, I'm wondering what this will do to her numbers. I really try to avoid a shot later in the evening, because it tends to bottom her out. However, she has run in the low 200' s most of the day and I could just see her skyrocketing tonight. It's almost time for me to go and check her- hopefully, I won't have to wake her up to feed her. I'm not sure why she was running high today- she has been a bit sniffly, so maybe she is about ready to get a cold. I'm not sure. We did have a pretty good cold front move through Tulsa- maybe that's part of it.

In other Lincoln family news, I miss having my boys at home! Homeschooling, with all of the transitions we went through- moving, diabetes, moving again- last year left me burnt out. Jeff and I though, are seeing some things that we are not too happy about. The boys aren't getting along as well as they used to. This morning, both of them worked on homework all morning. When I asked them to work together to clean their room and do a few other odds and ends things, they were at each other's throats. Most people would say not to worry about it, but I know my boys. This behavior has become too frequent. David is doing well in school- loves every bit of it and is exceling. He's the kind of kid you can put in any environment and he will succeed. Eli learns very differently than David. He's very tactile and has to be moving all of the time! When he was tested at the beginning of the school year, he tested nearly at a 3rd grade level (he's in 2nd grade), yet he is struggling with some of the most basic things. Traditional school just does not work for him. He is enjoying many things- he has a ton of friends- loves art and music (he still can't do PE b/c of his broken arm). Jeff and I are still struggling as to whether or not we should pull him out. It will be difficult thing for him if we do. I would appreciate any prayers in this area.
We are headed to Kansas City this weekend! We are going to meet Jeff's dad and his wife for a couple of days. I am excited to go back to the church that God used to pull our marriage back together and where Jeff got sober through Celebrate Recovery. It's been two years since we've seen anyone from Rockbrook Church. Fun, fun!
It is time to go and check that little girl. I would really like to go to bed, but hey, that's life with diabetes!

No comments: