Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sleepy Mood

The remnants of Ike made their way to Tulsa this afternoon and evening. So much for rain putting me in a "nesting" mood. I have been sleepy all day. I finally gave in to my tired body at about 2 o'clock. Jada had just had a snack- she was on the low side after a lunch time shot and was so tired that she barely got the last bite in before she crawled on my lap and zonked out. She's such a cuddle bug and has a way of fitting her little body into every curvature of mine so that I barely know she's there. A few minutes later Mary Beth asked to sit on my lap, so I scooted Jada over, put my feet up on the coffee table and within about 5 minutes, all 3 of us were sleeping peacefully on the couch. I woke up an hour later with a crick in my neck and my feet asleep, but it had been a wonderful nap. I had to sit there for about another 30 minutes while the girls finished their nap, but that's ok. It's not too often that I take naps with my girls.
When Jada woke up her blood sugar was 128 at about 4:30. I decided to give her a free snack (cheese) because we would be eating supper at about 5:30. When we took her supper time reading she was over 200! For the life of me, I can't figure what the heck happened. I'm wondering if this weather system- a low pressure system- doesn't have something to do with it. I gave her a shot after supper, but she was still high when I checked her at bed time. Frustrating. I did give her a small snack, but now I will probably kick myself for doing that. If she runs too high, she'll have a hard time sleeping. But, she really drops ALOT at night and I figured that if I don't give her a little something, I might have to wake her up to feed her at 2 am. Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
I need to go say bedtime prayers with my girls. Jeff is home tonight, so he's got the boys. I'm ready for bed- I could fall asleep right now, actually. I had better go tuck them in.

No comments: