Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Musings on Moving and Other Things

Spring has for sure sprung here in Oklahoma!  As I'm checking the weather in Fairbanks, I'm glad our moving has been delayed a month!  The temps in Fairbanks are still dipping well below zero- not only at night but during the day as well.  By the time we get up there at the beginning of May- the weather will be gorgeous and the daylight will be close to endless!  
A few weeks ago, we were informed that Jeff would have to complete a few more weeks of training for the restaurant company he's working for.  The franchise that hired him wanted to shorten the training, but the corporate offices sort of put their foot down and didn't give the okay for that.  Well- that sort of put us in a situation, because we had to be out of our house (we're renting) by the end of March!  The bummer is that we have to move twice in a month- the great thing is that we don't have to pay rent or utilities for a month!  The franchise is paying for an apartment for a month and ALL utilities are included.  Obviously, we won't be moving all of our things into the apartment- just those things that we need to get through a month.  The rest will all be neatly packed away in our cargo trailer.  
In our world of diabetes- things are going great!  We stopped by the endo's office on Monday and dropped off her blood sugar log for last week.  When they called me back yesterday- they were very happy with how things looked.  Other than a couple of highs and a couple of lows, her numbers are right on target and with in range.
She had a low last week that somewhat bothered me.  She was in her room playing dress up (she's such a girly girl!) and it had been about two hours since lunch and her shot and I realized that she probably needed checked.  Well- she was happy and playing just fine.  She told me that she's fine.  "I'm not low- just let me play!"  Well, I checked her and she was 47!  And she had no clue!  I've seen her at 60 or 70 and feeling horrible because she's dropping fast!   
Other than that- things are going well.  We're approaching her one year anniversary- March 23 and it seems like I've had a lot of flashbacks lately about our trip to the ER and the ambulance ride to Texas Children's Hospital.  I've also been a little angry, because we not only have March 23 but last year- March 23 was on Easter.  I find myself dreading Easter more so than March 23.  I know they are just days and dates- Jeff keeps reminding me of that.  We do have much to celebrate!

3 comments:

:) Tracie said...

Wow, you are going to cold weather! Sorry, but it's 80 here today, and I'm loving it. (again sorry)
Glad to hear things are stable on the d-front!

Hannah said...

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate! Good luck with the moves. I'm so glad the big D isn't causing too many problems.

Jill said...

So glad you've had some steadier numbers! Below zero these days?! Are you sure you want to go back? LOL Happy packing, my friend!