Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mary Beth Turns 5

Mary Beth turned 5 today! I can hardly believe it. When I woke up this morning, she was cuddled up next to me and told her Happy Birthday. I rolled over, trying to go back to sleep and then I heard her say as she sat up, to herself, (sigh) "I am a big girl now." So sweet. In her mind, she has arrived to ultimate big girlness.
So----I made her a Princess cake. The kind that you stick a Barbie doll in and the skirt consists of the cake. It was an all day process and my shoulders ache! But it was so worth it- she loved it and it put a huge smile on her face! We took her shopping today and got some new clothes. Chuck E Cheese for dinner and then cake and presents when we got home. It was a good day.
I totally screwed up Jada's supper time shot- I gave her 3 units of novolog when she only needed 1! I felt like a total heel! Then of course, we were shoving the carbs down her face when we got home. The bright side is, I didn't feel like I had to limit the birthday cake for her! I messed up with the novolog when I added the correction factor to the insulin to carb ratio rather than subtracting because she was low- and when I say low- she was like 63! She's fine now- but kind of scared me.
Ah well. Good day today. So grateful that God has given me 5 years with my Mary Beth. She brings so much joy to my life.



1 comment:

Jill said...

Hey girl! I just found your blog the other day and finally had a chance to read a couple posts. And I think I have challenges! I can't imagine the life-threatening responsibility you face daily. But you seem to be doing great and holding up so well - and with continual moving to boot! Thanks for all your comments to me on my blog & FB. Maybe some day I'll figure out how to juggle motherhood & life...like by the time she turns 18. =p