Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cabin Fever

Wow.  Almost two years since I've blogged.  I think my last post was May of 2011 and that was my lame attempt at jumping back into my blog.  It is now April 2013.  It's supposed to be break up here in Alaska.  You know, melting snow, mosquitos as large as sparrows beginning to appear, children playing outside, windows being opened on warm afternoons.  Old Man Winter should be well on his way out the door.  Not so.  We are in a winter weather advisory, it was -20 this morning (yes 20 below zero) and I feel like I am losing my mind!  Cabin fever has set in...not just for me, but countless other Alaskans.


cab·in fe·ver  

Noun
Irritability, listlessness, and similar symptoms resulting from long confinement or isolation indoors during the winter.


This is very much me right now.  Irritable....yes.  Noise levels in the house tonight were almost more than I could handle and no one really wanted to go to bed.  Of course, it doesn't help that we have 14 hours of daylight and our bodies are already beginning to adjust to that.
Listlessness? Yes....I don't have a whole lot of energy to tidy the house up or do the laundry or cook meals.  Sorry honey and kiddos.  Maybe when the temps hit 25 above and it quits snowing.  No one is starving yet and they all have clean underwear.

I have stuck my proverbial blogging toe back in the blogging water.  It was all Shannon's  idea that I do this again.  Perhaps, next time, I'll jump all the way in.  




  












2 comments:

Meri said...

It feels so good to see your blog again! It's been to long sistah friend! <3 Praying for some relief from the freezing cold for you!

Kristin said...

Glad you're putting your toe back in....now tell me, did you pull it back out, put it back in and shake it all about? ;)