Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Prayer Requests

It's one of those nights....I'm super tired....but my brain is rattled. I have a couple of prayer requests.
One of Jeff's cousins has a sweet little girl around the same age as my boys. Her name is Sienna and her mama's name is Mary. Today, Sienna had a seizure and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. A cat scan revealed a "shadow" on her brain. There was an MRI done as well and the results will be read in the morning. Please pray for her mama, who has had a great deal of burdens to bear in her life and just when things seemed to be looking up for them, this happens. It's so hard to understand these kinds of things, especially when they are so little.
One of my dearest best friends is on her way to Anchorage tonight for emergency surgery. The retina in her left eye is detaching and if it comes completely detached, they most likely won't be able to save it and she will be blind in that eye. Over the weekend, she noticed some loss in her peripheral vision and called for an appointment yesterday. Her name is Dellie-- she is actually our pastor's wife and is an amazing woman. She has five children ranging in ages from 13 all the way down to 1. I'm feeling helpless, too, because of having company here this week and I'm so limited at this point in what I can do.
Thanks friends, for praying.

4 comments:

Meri said...

I was up all night worring about friends and family too. I will pray for them. It just seems like life is getting harder for nearly everyone. :( Lucky for us, our prayers are heard.

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Adding them to my list. Thank you for sharing these request with us. How is Jada doing? Christopher is camping this week with no communication. Bit nerve wracking, but I bet this is what college will be like. :)

Joanne said...

Praying, praying, praying.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

You got it. be sure to update us when you hear more.