Friday, January 16, 2009

It's late but....

The time is 11:47 pm and I'm wondering how long it will take me to write this blog, let the dog out, start the dishwasher, take Jada back to bed and get my self ready for a long  (or short) winters nap.  I'm probably looking at, oh- at least 12:30.  Jeff went to bed a few moments ago and gave me that look.  You know- the one that says "Put the computer DOWN, it's late- come to bed."  He gives me that look a lot.  He's even referred (jokingly) to this thing as my "crack pipe" :)
One thing is for sure, the internet has been a source of comfort and connection to me over the last 9 months.  I'm not a person of many words when it comes to conversation, my personality tends to be on the quieter side (unless you get me around my dear friend Kimberly Nelson- there is a "whole other side" of me that is unleashed when I'm around her!).  This blog has helped me to voice my frustrations and my elations.  My hurts and my happy times.    
In the last year and a half, we have moved twice.  One of the most difficult things about Jada's diagnosis is  that we didn't have the support of close family around.  We were in TX at the time of her diagnosis then moved 4 months later.  It has been during this time that I have started my blog and also connecting with old friends on FB.  While I am meeting new people where we live, God has given me the blessing of connecting with people that I truly needed to connect with through the means of the internet.  I couldn't have made it through some of these months with out my blogging friends and my FB.  
Jada's numbers are a little better today, but nothing to write home about.  I finally (after all kinds of phone calls from my end) got a return call from her endo team in TX (she has her first endo apt her in Tulsa in Feb) about her dosage adjustment.  Going up a full unit on the lantus and if that doesn't help enough, we're changing the I:CHO.  Woohoo!  Feeling better about her numbers already.
Ok- it's 12:10.  I need sleep tonight. 

2 comments:

Jill said...

So glad we found each other again! But you...quiet? Seriously?! LOL Isn't blogdom & FB a real lifeline, though? It has really been my lifesaver in making lifelong friends of other APs (adoptive parents) who understand the differences of parenting a non-bio child, as well as finding dear "old" friends like you (but we're really young;p)

jj

Amy said...

I'm so glad, too! I have actually looked for you on and off over the last few years- I assumed you were the "blogging type" ;0 but googling your name never came up with any results! God's timing was perfect, though! I find it interesting that we found each other when you were in China picking up Mallory and it was about that time that the Lord began to make it clear to Jeff and I that adoption is in our future. That's no coincidence!
Yes- I am quiet- sometimes..... :) And yes- we are still VERY young!