Saturday, December 6, 2008

Aaaahhhh.....Saturday

Today was the first day all week that I didn't venture out of the house. It was an amazingly relaxing, productive day. Jada did have an unnerving low blood sugar episode today and it hung around a while, but after her numbers started rising, she was right back on track. She woke up from her nap screaming (this was after giving her a snack before her nap 'cause she was on the low side) and disoriented. She was at 50- and wouldn't even eat the candy I offered her. I finally just put some glucose tabs in her mouth and fortunately, she didn't spit them out. I need to get some gel for her because I'm sure there may come a day when I won't get her to chew on anything. After about 45 minutes, she finally perked up and we haven't had any other problems today.
Jeff's birthday was on Thursday and we celebrated tonight with his fave foods- hot wings and sweet potato pie. Everyone chowed tonight-Eli was a bottomless pit and I think he ate more wings than Jeff did and these wings are super spicy. I add all kinds of hot stuff to give them a good, flavorful zippy twang. I also made barbeque wings for the others and Jada got her own special wings with parmesan cheese on them- they turned out a whole lot yummier than I thought they would. The sweet potato pie was sooooo good! A nice break from the traditional pumpkin pie. Jada even got to have a very small slice for her bedtime snack. She was one happy little girl. ;)
I love, love, love, loooove Saturdays! I intentionally make myself to be "stuck" at home. We have just one vehicle, and with taking the boys to school during the week, I am everyone's taxi driver. It's so nice to not have to get dressed, to sit and drink coffee a while and cuddle with my kidddos. There is no place that I would rather be on any given day of the week than my home.
Well, off to check Jada before I go to bed. Let's hope that sweet potato pie is holding out in her little body and that I won't have to wake her up.


No comments: