Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Good Day So Far

I'm having a good day so far "mentally" with Jada's D. Today, diabetes feels doable. I love these days because I've had quite a few difficult ones over the past couple of weeks. She's doing great in spite of higher than normal blood sugars at lunch time- it messes with my mind, not hers at this point. If I could just not think about it for a few minutes or hours.
Maybe I feel a little better today because I met with our new pediatrician yesterday. We just moved to Tulsa a month ago and put off (laziness) finding a new dr. Even had to call our dr.'s in TX during the middle of the night when she got sick w/ketones reading 3.9. Have a good referral for a ped. endo here and need to get an apt scheduled today. Also, need to talk to some CDE's for some ed classes. We weren't able to get out sick day management class in before we moved- so it was frightening when she got sick and I felt so very alone! Fortunately, we have amazing dr.'s in TX and they walked me through step by step what do and at what point I should take her into the hospital. Fortunately, it never got to that point and she recovered quickly.
It is hard to stay positive! But Ihave to! I think I would go crazy if I didn't. I'm beginning to think that I may have to live the rest of my life wondering if her BG is up/down/okay. In many ways, D. is a very normal part to our life, but mentally- I think the diagnosis is still too fresh and one day- maybe I won't think about it so much.


No comments: