Sunday, October 5, 2008

Chocolate Strawberries

Tonight, when putting Jada to bed, she told me that she was going to make chocolate strawberries in her dreams. And eat as many as she wanted. This -after a day of her continually asking for food- candy, ice cream, extra milk at lunch and also me catching her sneaking into the kitchen several times to sneak a cracker. She just seemed to have the munchies- maybe she's starting on another growth spurt. Or maybe she just had a carb withdrawal kind of day! So- I listened intently as she described the hopes of her chocolate strawberry dreams and then when we prayed, we asked God if He would give her a good dream about chocolate strawberries. I pray that He does- because in her dreams, she can have as many of those chocolate strawberries as she wants and her blood sugar won't go sky high and she won't have to have insulin to offset those carbs. Only in her dreams.


1 comment:

Lori said...

I can feel your pain. My daughter was just diagnosed Tuesday and we are learning the ropes. Our Dr and Dietician said for her to continue eating what she wanted. I am having doubts and wonder what kind of diet your Dr recommends? I don't want her to become so insulin dependant from eating all she wants. On the flip side, I don't want her to lack carbs for growth and energy causing lows.

Any info you have I would greatly appreciate.

Blessings to you,

Lori