Friday, October 10, 2008

Week in Review #2


I have been meaning to sit down everynight and blog some of my thoughts. It's been an interesting week. Busy.
Monday, the girls had their well child visits. Both of them had to have immunizations. I would have thought that it would have been a breeze for Jada, but she had to be held down by myself and a nurse while the other one gave her the shots. Mary Beth did great and she had four of them. This is the first year that all of us will be getting the flu shot- it's one of those things that we can no longer risk in our family because of Jada's diabetes. She had the flu when she was diagnosed and it was ugly. I can't imagine going through that again.
Tuesday. Hmmm. Oh- we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese after school for an early supper. Not at all busy and then we went for a drive to some places in Tulsa that we had yet to explore. Got a phone call from our good friends, Fred and Kristan Karella in Alaska. They are coming to see us in March. I don't if the kids are more excited or if I am.
Wednesday. We went to our first Nucleus group at The Church at Battle Creek. Small group- which to me is so much better. I am pumped about getting involved there and this class will definitely help with that.
Thursday. Got another phone call from Fred and Kristan Karella. Their nephew was killed in Iraq- pretty sobering. I haven't had something like this hit so close to home for me- ever. I can't imagine the pain they are going through right now. So sad for them.
Today- I got my Oklahoma driver's license! Woo Hoo! I'm also officially a registered voter- on the last day possible to register! Yes- I am a procrastinator!
So... pretty boring blog. I have been thinking about some things, though and in the near future I'm going to have to sit down and think it all through as I blog. Hopefully, I'll come off sounding smart! :)

No comments: