Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blogger Frustrations

I've made several attempts to blog since Saturday and all were foiled in one way or another! Over the weekend, I attempted to respond to comments on my last post and to write a new post, but the Blogger server "failed to respond" and I lost all my stuff- none of it was saved. Grrr.... I was so frustrated! The rest of my attempts have been foiled mostly, by, well.... my children! :) We've also been busy with church, Jeff's job, sickness and now we have added gymnastics to the list.
I think we are getting over whatever it was that we have had. I still do wonder about the swine flu. Mary Beth and I both came down with it after Jada. I had the "chills" the first couple days of feeling sick but Mary Beth had a full blown four days of fever and feeling really cruddy. Jada came through it just fine- even her numbers weren't that bad and she had ketones for nearly a full week- they just hung on and I was beginning to think they would never go away- but they did after the virus ran it's course.
So, as I said, life here is just very busy. Mary Beth and the boys started gymnastics last night. David isn't sure if gymnastics will be his "thing" (even though he's very good!), but Eli is sold. He absolutely loves it and is a very good gymnast! They had a good work out last night and when I picked them up, they were dragging! Just what I wanted to see! LOL! They slept very good last night! It was Mary Beth's first day ever at gymnastics and she had so much fun! I was very impressed with her teacher- she was a lot of fun and kept order at the same time!
Jeff has been very busy with work! I may have mentioned before that this restaurant that he's taken over has a lot of issues. It has also come with a lot of drama! His immediate boss was fired last week- after he had been arrested two previous times for failing to appear in court after several DUI's! He was arrested the first time in Jeff's restaurant and the second time at a restaurant in Anchorage. Talk about drama- I've never seen anything like it! So- Jeff's work load has increased a little bit, but he's doing a great job and the restaurant is making great strides in a short amount of time. I will be happy, though, when he is back to working 5 days a week rather than about the 6 1/2 he is working now! :)
Well- it's time to get busy. I'm going to get a hair cut today (I desperately need one!) and have a sitter coming for the hour and a half or so that I'll be gone. My house needs some attention, too and I think I'll organize the ranks and hand out jobs! :) Hopefully, too, blogger will behave itself and I'll be able to publish this with no problems! :)

7 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Thanks for the update!! Glad things are well! I was wondering how you guys were doing. Glad the illness that has been plaguing you guys is finally gone. Hope you can work out your blogger issues soon!!

Wendy said...

I've missed you!!! So happy to hear you guys are doing better ;) I just figured you guys were buried under the move...or snow...does it snow there in the summer? Or is that just a silly question like asking if someone who has T1 is diet controlled?

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I was starting to get worried about our Northern blogger. Good to see your family is well. Glad that Jada made it through too. I hate it when our babies are sick.

Anonymous said...

I was wonderin where you had went!

Glad things are busy and coming together!!! I am really curious where jeff is working.. I don't know if I wanna eat there!!

:)

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

I really like Blogger, but every time they feel like they have to tweak something, they seem to mess things up for a few days. I just wish they would test their stuff more thoroughly before they just throw it out there.

LakeLady said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving prayers and support. I follow your blog. I met you through Wendy. I moved many times also, and I know how difficult it can be. Yes, eveything in life is temporary, but often human nature shows it's temporal side. I keep my eyes focused on the Lord. He is my hope and salvation especially since all that has happened to Wendy's family. Being a long distance Gma is not an easy road as I am sure your mother is aware. But, staying in touch with the diabetic loop has sincerely helped me. Keeps me afloat...

LakeLady said...

Please! I would love to get in touch with another T1D Gma!!!Thank you.