Monday, March 23, 2009

One Year

One year ago today, my little girl's life changed forever.
One year ago today, my world shattered.
One year ago today, I understood that I couldn't protect my children from everything.
One year ago today, God showed me that He is faithful.
One year ago today, I learned how frail life really is.
One year ago today, I didn't know how I could get my little girl through the next moment--how could I possibly get her through a day or a year?
One year ago today, Jada was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.

Today, my little girl is full of life and health.
Today, my world is put back together by the loving hands of my Father.
Today, I hold my children much closer and love them more fiercely.
Today, I know that God is always faithful and true.
Today, I know that God uses the frailty of our lives to help us understand our need for Him, to draw our strength from Him.
Today, our family made it through a year.
Today, Jada has lived a year with this disease. Not only has she lived, she has thrived!







4 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful. From one d-mom to another: may God bless your journey always.

Jill said...

HaPpY D-aNnIvErSaRy JaDa!!

Amy~ the reason shes thriving is because shes got wonderful family support! Enjoy the day God has given you :) (((HUGS)))

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Very touching. I think all us d-moms can relate to your words. Thanks.

:) Tracie said...

One year down.....90 more to go! Through Him all things are possible!