Friday, July 17, 2009

My Sick Boy

After a week of some crazy low blood sugars with Jada, this week has evened out to beautiful, perfect in range numbers. I'm enjoying it while I can, because I know it won't last! You just have to take those good days and love it and remember when the highs and lows come- it's not forever and those good days will come around again!
So....while Jada is doing great, Eli has become sick. He woke up around midnight on Wednesday with a pretty bad headache- and ibuprofen seemed to help and he was able to sleep. I thought it was sweet, because he wanted to lay on our floor next to my side of the bed. Obviously, he wasn't feeling well!
Yesterday morning, the headache just hung in there and he didn't move off the couch all day! Last night , he spiked a fever of 103! He hasn't had a fever that high since he was 2 years old! Ibuprofen and acetaminophen this time and within an hour, he was feeling better and actually got up and ate supper. He went to bed at least feeling comfortable!
Well, he woke up at about midnight with a temp of 104! More meds and was feeling better again with in the hour. He and I had some bonding time and then he went to bed, but woke up with a fever of 102. Still high, but better and he 's less achy this morning and no headache. So...let's hope this virus has run it's course. And.....let's hope no one else gets it!

No comments: